PHTLS (Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support)
Would you like to increase your confidence when responding to trauma patients? Would you like to work to an internationally recognised and certified standard?
The primary aim of PHTLS (Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support) is to promote excellence in trauma care. Often it is the basic principles of trauma care that saves lives and PHTLS focuses on these skills.
This course has 10 recognised Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
Who should attend?
Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, qualified Emergency Medical Responders and Emergency Medical Technicians who are already delivering autonomous pre hospital care.
What will you learn?
PHTLS will enhance your current skills, giving you the confidence to recognise and respond to the time critical patient and will teach you an internationally recognised common structured approach, including:
- Kinematics and patterns of injury
- Revision of basic anatomy and physiology
- Use of a systematic primary survey, using the CAcBCD approach
- How to identify and respond to time critical patients appropriately
- Methods of catastrophic haemorrhage control
- Application of learning through practical scenarios and moulages.
A variety of skills stations including:
- Step wise airway (up to supraglotic device)
- Needle decompression and needle cricothyroidotomy
- Immobilisation (what it is, the how’s and why’s).
The faculty will lead discussions of the most up to date practices in the field of pre hospital trauma care.
2 days (all sessions must be attended).
Minimum of 12 and up to 20 people.
Location & Booking
We have a series of planned courses across the South West. To book onto a course please call the First Aid Training Team on 0300 369 0350, email email@example.com
Why choose us?
You will learn from qualified instructors who all come from an emergency service or clinical background. Our courses are on the OFQUAL framework and we are proud that the money generated from our courses gets invested back into South Western Ambulance Service.
£475 per person.
College of Paramedics Members receive a 5% discount. Please contact us to claim your discount and book.
Subsidised rates for SWASFT employees (please contact us for price).
Please note we do not charge VAT.
2019 Course Dates