Post Falls Consultancy and Train the Trainer
Who is this suitable for?
Organisations within the care sector who want to implement their own in-house post falls training.
What will you learn?
We will initially consult with you to go through your currently policies and discuss your needs so that we can tailor the training to your organisation. We will then present the training to your trainers and go through the training/presentation materials, so that they are able to train the rest of your team. Over the course of the 12 month accreditation we will come back in to your workplace for support visits to ensure that the training is going well and to answer any questions.
Course package includes:
- Half day consultancy to review current lifting policies
- Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures are in place within the organisation
- Introduction and demonstration of the post falls process including lifting equipment/aids and associated paperwork
- An unbranded PowerPoint presentation, for your in-house training
- 2 or more additional support visits during the 12 month accreditation to observe your training and to give assurances that it is being delivered correctly*
- When our training is complete your organisation will be certificated and accredited to deliver post falls training on behalf of South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT)
- As a customer you will have the opportunity to purchase the lifting equipment used in the training at a special discounted price. Please contact us for more information.
* If you have more than one trainer delivering the package please note that the number of support visits may be increased accordingly and this will incur an additional cost.
Within the cost price, there are four half day visits included:
- Visit 1: Initial consultancy, review of current policies and practice
- Visit 2: Delivery on reviewed materials, including ‘train the trainer’ package
- Visits 3 & 4: Quality assurance visits and follow-up
On-going remote support will be provided via telephone or email, throughout the 12 month period of the accreditation.
Location & Booking
We will come to your place of work to consult with you and present the train the trainer package. To book please call the First Aid Training Team on 0300 369 0350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose us?
Every year one in three people aged over 65, and half of those aged over 80 will fall at least once. Fractures from falls are common and may lead to reduced mobility and increasing mortality. When 999 is called to report a non-injury fall, patients could experience long delays as we must respond to life-threatening emergencies first. This training was developed by South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust to ensure that elderly, vulnerable patients who have fallen receive the best possible care and in a timely manner. We want to give carers the skills and confidence to assess the situation, be able to assist a patient who has fallen and know how to provide a clear pathway for themselves.
£1,500 for the above course package, including two site visits.
£350 for an additional visit. This includes accrediting additional trainers and if something is not quite right, a support visit to iron out any issues with your own training.
£700 for annual renewal. If you wish to renew your accreditation after 12 months, we have reduced the cost of the course for returning customers.
Please note we do not charge VAT.
Please contact us to book the date and time of your training.
We also offer a Post Falls Care Course for organisations within the care sector who want to learn how to better manage a fallen patient. Customers who purchase any of our falls training will also have the opportunity to purchase Falls Mechanical Lifting Equipment at special discounted prices.