Category C1 Driving Licence
Do you need to drive a medium goods vehicle for vocational purposes?
Are you confident and prepared to pass your C1 practical test?
Our Category C1 vocational driving licence training will prepare you to drive a medium sized goods vehicle (such as an ambulance) safely and will prepare you to pass the DVSA category C1 vocational driving test.
Who should attend?
The course is open to anyone who needs to drive Category C1 vehicles. However, it is of particular relevance to Student and Graduate Paramedics and aspiring Emergency Care Assistants who want to drive ambulance vehicles.
What will you learn?
The training will prepare candidates to:
- Ensure that the vehicle is safe to use
- Answer questions relating to legal aspect of goods vehicle driving
- Prepare the vehicle prior to driving
- Drive a medium goods vehicle safely in all conditions
- Reverse and manoeuvre a medium goods vehicle safely
- Sit the DVSA Category C1 test.
- Relevant ambulance driving techniques will also be taught in preparation for future response training
- If you currently only hold entitlement to drive automatic vehicles, we can tailor the course so that upon completion of your C1 course in our manual vehicle, you will be able to upgrade your car license to include entitlement to drive manual vehicles
- We have very competitive course rates, which include the standard DVSA practical test fee.
Between 2 and 4 days, depending upon past driving experience.
The course is normally delivered on a one to one basis.
Location, Booking & Dates
Course delivery will take place in Devon, centred around Exeter and the immediate surrounding areas.
DVSA testing will generally take place leaving from Exeter.
*Important, you must contact us to obtain your course dates before using the online booking form, as the dates are issued to us by the Driving Standards Agency. Please email email@example.com and once you receive your dates please continue to the online booking form below.
Why choose us?
Our instructors all come from an emergency service or clinical background and are qualified to train in driving a medium sized goods vehicle. Our courses are on the OFQUAL framework and we are proud that the money generated from our courses gets invested back into South Western Ambulance Service.
£850 for external customers
£710 for SWAST employees
Book a course Book a course (employees only)